Recently, I have 100% jumped on the juicing band wagon. I don’t really eat enough fruit & veg as I find it hard to incorporate 5 a day into my daily diet so by having 1 or 2 juices a day, I’m getting everything I need without the hassle.
It’s taken much trial and error (and some really gross juice concoctions ) to find my 2 favourites, but now that I have, I make them every day. So, I thought I’d share them with you.
1: Green Juice
This juice is probably the healthiest juice out of the 2 as it doesn’t have too much natural sugar in.
- I chop up half a pear, a whole kiwi, half a banana & a floret of broccoli alongside a handful of blueberries, a handful of mixed kale and spinach and throw it all into a blending jug.
- I then add a teaspoon of chia seeds, a teaspoon of flax seeds and a tablespoon of mixed seeds.
- Add a squeeze of lime before filling the blending jug a quarter full with apple juice then filling it up to just over half way (depending on how thick you want the juice to be) with coconut water & then just blend it all up.
2: Red Berry Juice
This is my fave juice out of the 2 because it’s so sweet and tastes like strawberries.
- I use the other half of the pear and half a carrot & put them in the blending jug.
- I then add a handful of blueberries and raspberries.
- I cut 5 or 6 strawberries in half and add them on top before measuring out a teaspoon each of chia seeds and flax seeds and a tablespoon of mixed seeds.
- As this juice is so sweet from the natural sugars in the fruit, I leave out the apple juice and fill the bending jug a little over half way full with coconut water.
- Blend it up and it’s done!
Both juices are so filling that I have them for breakfast most mornings. They’re so quick and easy to make however, it does get quite expensive buying fresh fruit & veg sometimes so I keep a bag of frozen berries and spinach in the freezer to make a quick juice on a budget.
*continues gulping juice in the hope for a summer body*
Eliza Days xo